Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Favorite Thing


Now, doesn't that just make you want to bake a cake? This cake carrier is one of my absolute favorite objects I've ever owned. We bought it a few years ago at an auction in town. It has little latches at the sides that hold it together; the top lifts off revealing a shiny chrome serving platter. I usually top it with a paper doily and place the cake on top of that. My favorite cake to tote along is a German apple cake that I've adapted from a King Arthur flour cookbook. Haven't made it in quite a while. Perhaps I should, you know, so I can post a picture of the cake too.... Actually, I have had a few interesting-at-least-to-me cooking adventures lately, and I've even taken pictures. However, I am learning that I am a much better cook than photographer! Perhaps I will have to contract that out to the primary beneficiary of all that cooking. Meanwhile, I'll just wonder why all my attempts at food-documentary pictures are unintentionally soft focus, when any picture taken of me is quite unfortunately faithful in its depiction of every little detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment